IPA Membership is an Investment in Your Career and Your Profession
IPA is the ONLY organization that advocates for the practice of psychology in Indiana. It unifies, informs, and supports psychologists throughout the state. IPA welcomes psychologists from all specialties and all phases of career.
Here are some the benefits of membership:
- IPA members receive significant registration discounts on all IPA-sponsored continuing education programs. IPA offers high quality programs, by national and regional experts, regionally throughout the year.
- IPA members receive the "IPA Member Directory" free of charge. The directory provides contact and practice information on all our members that lets you stay in touch and can help you refer a patient.
- IPA members receive free access to the "IPA Listserve" where you can stay connected to colleagues, receive and generate referrals, and consult regarding clinical and practice issues.
- IPA members receive "The Indiana Psychologist," free of charge. Our quarterly newsletter highlights local and national news on practice, education, advocacy, and science of psychology four times per year. Selected new and returning members are featured in every issue.
- IPA members receive free access to the "Members Only" section of the IPA website which allows electronic access to the member directory, customizable member profile, and online registration to programs and events.
- IPA members receive expert and effective "24/7" advocacy and lobbying effort on all legislative, governmental, and regulatory activity with potential to affect Psychology.
- IPA Early Career Psychologists receive information and guidance from seasoned colleagues on professional training, practice development, and business of practice.
- IPA members are featured every month on the IPA home page (www.indianapsychology.org) with a professional bio and personal interview a few clicks in.
- IPA Student members are able to win awards for research and service to the organization and profession.
If you are a professional psychologist
and would like to apply for membership, please fill out our online application
(online application for Psychologists and Affiliate members
If you are a graduate or undergraduate student and would like to apply, please fill out our online student affiliate application
(online application for students
**** NOTE: If you have been a member in the last 5 years, please do not submit an application. Instead, contact the IPA with questions and to renew your membership.
- PhD, PsyD, or EdD in psychology or closely related field; and
- Licensed psychologist in Indiana with Health Service Provider in Psychology (HSPP) and/or a faculty member in an undergraduate, graduate or professional school in Indiana accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Annual Dues: $285 * Discounted at $150 for first year of membership.
- Undergraduate or graduate student in an Indiana college or university accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and verified student status by department head; or
- Psychology Intern verified by director of training; or
- Psychology Resident or Fellow verified by director of training.
Annual Dues: $35
Others as approved – Non-voting
Emeritus/Life – Retired
- IPA Member for preceding 10 years; and
- Age 65 years and older; and
- Licensed psychologist in Indiana (HSPP) or a faculty member in a college or university in Indiana accredited but the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
Annual Dues: $150
- IPA member for preceding 10 years; and
- Age 65 years and older; and
- Not engaged in practice, consultation or teaching
Annual Dues: $50
* Dues rates are as of August 2014. Emeritus/Life member rates not available upon application (requires 10 years of IPA membership). Contact IPA at (317) 257-7449 with questions.