CE Co-sponsorship InfoCO-SPONSORSHIP REQUIREMENTS:
CE programs offered to psychologists must meet the Standards, Principles, and Criteria set by the American Psychological Association (APA). As CE programs must specifically address the learning needs of psychologists, the IPA CE Committee will evaluate the workshop proposal(s) and presenter vita(s) and will, normally, provide feedback within 2 weeks. Content and learning objectives for each workshop must be approved by the CE committee. A completed application and application fees must be submitted to IPA at least 90 days prior to the scheduled event
to be considered for co-sponsorship.
All co-sponsored events must include the following statements verbatim on program brochures or flyers:
The Indiana Psychological Association (IPA) is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Indiana Psychological Association maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
IPA is approved by the Indiana State Psychology Board and Indiana Behavioral Health Board to provide Category 1 continuing education for psychologists, LSW, LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, LMFTA, LCAC and LAC.
Licensees must judge the program’s relevance to their professional practice.
Promotional material must also clearly indicate where the following information can be obtained, if not described on the brochures or flyers themselves:
A copy of the brochure/flyer must be sent to the IPA CE Program Administrator at email@example.com for approval.
- Directions on how registrants can request special assistance/accommodations.
- Statement that APA rules require that credit be given only to those who attend the entire workshop and complete evaluations for each individual session. Those arriving to the workshop more than 15 minutes after the scheduled start time or leaving early will not receive CE credits. Partial credit cannot be given.
- Schedule, learning objectives, speaker credentials, and number of CE credits offered.
- All registration costs and cancellation policy regarding refund of registration fees.
IPA members receive significant registration discounts on all IPA-sponsored continuing education programs. These discounts are expected for co-sponsored events as well. IPA members who register must receive a 25% discount over the regular registration fee. If a greater discount will be given for other organization members, then IPA members must receive the same discount.
- Post your event on the IPA Event Calendar as an IPA Co-Sponsored event.
- Provide a web link on the IPA website to your online registration system (if applicable).
- Provide individualized Program Evaluation forms for EACH workshop which must be distributed to workshop attendees.
- Create and distribute CE certificates to those requesting credit through IPA.
IPA Co-sponsorship Application fee is $250. Application fees are non-refundable, regardless of IPA’s approval or disapproval of the program or workshop. If co-sponsorship has been denied, IPA may suggest modifications to the event to meet criteria and award approval. These modifications can be re-submitted for no additional fee.
A separate Application must be submitted for each workshop for which you are requesting CE sponsorship. The fee for each additional Application is $150.
IPA will handle the creation and distribution of CE certificates for participants seeking Category 1 CE’s thru IPA. The fee for CE processing is $15/attendee. This is a fixed rate per attendee for single and multi-workshop events, not based on the number of evaluation forms submitted per attendee. CE processing fees will be invoiced after completion of the event; a $100 credit will be applied toward your CE processing fees.
To request an application and discuss IPA participation with your event, please contact the IPA CE Program Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.